Friday, October 29, 2004

Stating the obvious: JOHN KERRY FOR PRESIDENT

And how I will vote this Election Day.

My votes are just that, my votes. I may not be able to convincingly argue for or against a particular issue. That, of course, won't stop me from telling you what I intend to do.

I am writing Friday night; we had the reappearance of Osama earlier today, I guess he was sick of Bush and Kerry getting all of the face time. I am currently waiting for info on my Vegas trip. Pondering what we as Americans are capable of doing to each other over our political beliefs. Wondering if I will be shot in Vegas, and will it be because I am getting out the vote? Or because someone misunderstands my inquiry about "green?"

WHAT'S UP with the moderated message of Bin Laden? I would have expected more virulent anti-American rhetoric. Who is helped/hurt by this message? I think it cuts both ways. His reappearance helps and hurts both candidates. I wonder if that has something to do with Bin Laden's unusually conciliatory video.

Dr. Evil and Bigfoot will be announcing their endorsements shortly.

I am just going right down the ballot.

President and Vice President:
John Kerry and John Edwards

You can go back and look at earlier entries for deeper insight into why I am voting for Kerry, this is already going to be a very long entry. John Kerry is an American hero a couple of times over in my humble opinion. His record speaks very directly to my own values, and his stance towards Iraq & Afghanistan I think is the only way this country can possibly go. Then there's the conduct of the current occupant of the White House. I will leave that to the news.

A shockingly honest Conservative endorsement for Kerry:
http://www.amconmag.com/2004_11_08/cover1.html

US Senator:
Barbara Boxer

US Representative:
Jane Harman

Member of the State Assembly:
Mike Gordon

Judicial

Office 18: Pat Campbell

Office 29: Lori Jones

Office 52: John C. Gutierrez

Office 53: David Lopez

Office 69: Donna Groman

State Measures: Here's where the fun starts.

Measure 1A: Yes, AND NO ON 65
This will protect local tax dollars.

59: Yes. Sunshine measure.

60: Yes

60A: Yes

61: Yes. Builds up children's hospitals, and plunges us into more debt.

62: No

63: YES! A chance to improve our Mental Health Care Facilities and stick it to the rich at the same time.

64: NO! FUCK NO! Unless you want to limit your own ability to sue a business for damages.

65: NO! And yes on 1A. Even the people behind this one suggest a "No" vote.

66: This was an exceedingly tough call. I had to weigh the chance to fix an overly punitive measure versus letting people out of jail. If this fails, "3 Strikes" may never be corrected. If it passes, it might put potentially dangerous criminals on the street. I live with the threat of earthquakes everyday, plus they will be making sentences longer for child molesters, so I voted for freedom! Yes. I suggest you get more information, to make a very informed choice. I am weighing this issue even at this moment.

67: Raise cell phone bills to improve emergency medical facilities (we've lost seven in last year, with more closures on the way)? YES.

68: Would extend gambling to non-Indian property: NO.

69: No. Government collect DNA samples? Sound familiar? Sounds like a great crime-fighting idea, but if you are innocent you might not be able to get your sample back...and then they'll give it to Mark Fuhrman. And yer screwed!

70: No. 99 years is too long.

71: YES. I'll gladly put my children and the poor into more debt if it means bringing the state of the art of stem cell research to California. We benefit from the research itself, and we attract the top minds in the world to us. And I heard Bill Clinton say that it will bring Christopher Reeve back to life.

72: I'm voting yes. We have so many needs in terms of health care, that this proposition will get slapped like a band-aid onto the bleeding wound that it has become. It doesn't do enough, but it's something. It doesn't impact businesses with more than 50 employees until 2007.

County measure A: Voting no, but you may want to research the issue more deeply. It reminds me of someone charging a pizza because they have no money. This type of stuff shouldn't be addressed in this manner.

Water replenishment district: Robert E. Katherman (a toss-up).

Thanks for tuning in, I hope it helped, or at least provided something for the mind to chew on...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home