Wednesday, July 21, 2004

The Blogging Godfathers

If I don'ts writes nothin', no ones will comes.


In my second blog entry, I pay tribute to the people that made this outlook on the clusterfuck possible. Bear with me as I figure just how I can use this medium to maximum effect. I know that I will post things here that I hear on the radio (here, here!) that I consider worthy of note, for example, Rush Limbaugh attacking Kerry/Edwards as rich powerful white guys...I guess I will bring forth the thing that I love so dearly: The Absurd. I am going to keep it as simple as possible, or else this hobby will take over my life...BUT, be warned that I do want to post pics, so a move may eventually be called for...

I met John Whisler at Walser's in 1990; we (his family & I) have been close friends ever since, and from the beginning it has felt to me like I have known him since I was a kid. His blog pays tribute to the TV horror hosts of yore, and gives him a canvas on which to express his remarkable insights into just about everything.

I have known Loren since 1985; I would describe him as a new millennium rennaisance man. He can do anything, and often does. His blog tracks a group of interests that could only collect inside his massive skull. His intellect is beyond my ability to estimate, and he possesses more courage than intellect.

Jeff Koga exploded into my consciousness at some point in 2003; I kept seeing the name "Koganuts" in e-mails coming out of the Compound. I met him for the first time in this year, or maybe late last year. I just learned that he's been around the Compound for 9 or 10 years. By the way, if you are a regular at the Compound & you haven't met me yet, PLEASE call ASAP to arrange a meeting, at 976-TUGME. Anyway, when Koga is attentive to his blog (time has not allowed him to of late), it's a thing of wonder, especially if you are fond of scantilly clad/non-clad women.He's also a gifted photographer, and his blog features lots of great shots that are his own. His blog is the be-all/end-all of blogs.

IMPORTANT NOTE: I am not including the addresses of these blogs because I didn't ask for permission to do so. IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE GODFATHERS and you want the addy to be known, please post it in a comment!

Okay, swallow it, your second dose of my mashing of the english language between my fat fists, dropping it onto the ground and kicking it into a shape that communicates something vaguely communicative. Did it go down well? Are you feeling better?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hear, hear! I swallowed, and now I'm sick to my stomach. Naw, it's all good. My occasionally embarrassing journal is here:
http://www.livejournal.com/~usedmonsters

Little-known factoid: Used Monsters was inspired by a page from an early 70s scholastic book I owned that was my childhood bible. It was called How to Care for Your Monster, and there was an illustrated page of a pile of monsters, Frankenstein, Wolfmen, Mummies, Dracs, with a sign above that read, 'used monsters'. I thought it would be a great name for a band, or journal i.d...

Anyway, glad to be among good company, always.

10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home